Do You Need Help?
If you live in Edge or Pitchcombe and need help contact us.
Do not be afraid to ask for help or support. It might be a small thing or an emergency, or just a friendly phone call or chat across the garden fence.
- Urgent supplies
- Dog walking
- Fixing a problem
- Posting Mail
We have set up a network of volunteer contacts around each villages, if you would like to find your local volunteer please contact the co-ordinators:
Edge Net & Pitchcombe Net
These are email networks that provide official and community information specific for you.
If you are not already a member of one of these networks, please click on the links below to send an email to the co-ordinator:
Support your neighbours – Volunteer
Are you able to offer support for those in your close neighbourhood by collecting shopping, dog walking, etc.
- Making sure they have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days
- Walking their dog
- Picking up a prescription
- Putting out their bins
- Taking in a parcel
- Phoning, Skyping of facetiming them so they can see a friendly face to help them stay connected
- Checking if any of their planned appointments have been cancelled before they travel
- Making sure they have some simple recipes to hand
- Preparing meals for the freezer
How to volunteer:
- Download the Community Help Form
- Complete Your Details
- Post it Through Your Neighbour’s Door
- Register as a community volunteer
To Register as a Community Volunteer
If you think you might have Covid-19
Stroud District Council
SDC has a special page for official information concerning services and support during the crisis.
Keeping social distance might mean we can’t socialise in the usual way, but it doesn’t mean we can’t continue being sociable. Join our virtual communities, where you can meet, discuss, hold community events.
Pound Farm is open for phone and collect only. Call, place your order then pick up in the car park. Card only Mon – Sat. Closed on Sunday
Shops that will deliver
Stroud Farmers Food Hub
If you want to buy direct from local producers the popular Farmers Market in Stroud has set up a Food Hub. Pre-order and you will be given a time to come and collect from Cornhill on Saturday.
Stroud Food Hub
Local bus companies are operating reduced services on most routes.